Employee Engagement & Team Leadership Expert, Keynote Speaker
Dr James Adonis is one of Australia’s most well-known employee engagement and team leadership educators – who is still employed full-time as a leader with responsibility for more than 300 staff which ensures he’s sharing with audiences what he too is actively putting into practice.
His PhD researched the ways in which leaders can engage employees during significant change, he was a leading business columnist for 12 years with the online news publications of The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age, and he is the author of four books translated into multiple languages including his latest: ‘The motivation hoax: a smart person’s guide to inspirational nonsense’.
For almost two decades, he has worked with hundreds of organisations helping them successfully lead change, engage staff, and improve performance. A truly international speaker and consultant, he has worked with leaders in Australia, New Zealand, India, Dubai, Thailand, Malaysia, Germany, and Belgium, with an impressive list of clients including McDonald’s, American Express, Coca-Cola, Qantas, Optus, Ernst & Young, Gucci, Toyota and many government departments.
Dr James Adonis talks about:
- Employee engagement: How to get employees to be switched on, driven and hard-working in your workplace – irrespective of their generation
- Employee retention: How to create greater levels of employee loyalty, commitment and advocacy – even in unstable industries
- Employee motivation: How to inspire employees to be more enthusiastic, happy and passionate – without spending a cent
- Employee enRAGEment: How to overcome the five factors that anger, upset and frustrate employees at work
- Managing change: How to get employees to embrace change (and champion it!) rather than resist it
- Motivation hoaxes: How to avoid clichés that permeate business and to instead use evidence-based approaches to workplace motivation
- Personal engagement: How to motivate and engage yourself by maximising pragmatic and realistic thinking
- Performance improvement: How to enhance employees’ quality and increase their productivity in four easy steps
- Crisis leadership: How to lead and inspire teams when your organisation’s survival is at risk