Global Strategic Foresight consultant, Food Futurist, Food Scientist and Speaker
Tony Hunter is a Global Food Futurist Speaker, Food Scientist, author and strategic foresight consultant specialising in the Future of Food and Agriculture. He has spoken on 4 continents and appears regularly in print, podcasts and radio as an expert in the Future of Food.
Tony has more than 30 years experience in the Food Industry, being a qualified food scientist with more than 10 years in innovation. His business experience includes over a decade in senior management, being General Manager of two food companies.
He provides expert and strategic foresight advice on food technology and consumer trends and their industry impacts to Australian and global food companies from PepsiCo to KFC. He also advises VC investors and top four global consulting companies such as Accenture on these topics.
He delivers a unique perspective on the Future of Food based upon his distinctive combination of scientific qualifications, business experience and detailed understanding of food technologies.
What Tony Speaks About
Tony delivers inspirational keynote presentations addressing the extraordinary changes occurring in the Food, Beverage, and Agriculture industries. Everyone thinks these industries are about products; they’re not, they’re about technology. Food has become technology and technology advances exponentially. Food is now TECHXponential™. It’s a concept, a roadmap, and a mindset that will open audiences’ minds to new possibilities and they’ll leave with a clear understanding of what these changes mean for the future of their organisations.
LEADERSHIP IN A TECHXPONENTIAL FOOD FUTURE
Technology is now everywhere in Food, Beverage and Ag; indeed, you can’t talk about food from farm to fork without talking about technology. In fact food now is technology and one certainty is that technologies advance exponentially. Food is now technologies advancing exponentially, food is now TECHXponential™.
In this keynote audiences will learn:
- Why exploring the Future of Food is a leadership responsibility.
- The reason it’s so dangerous to think linearly in an exponential world.
- The key technologies driving the Future of Food.
- The alternative futures for the Food, Beverage and Ag industries.
- How to be prepared and lead an organisation into these alternative futures.
REIMAGINING THE GLOBAL FOOD SYSTEM
Feeding 10 bn people by 2050 means that the Food, Beverage and Ag industries are at the forefront of meeting this challenge. The problem is that our current food system can’t equitably and sustainably feed the increasing population. New technologies, doing more with less, are rising to the challenge, enabling us to reimagine a more sustainable and equitable global food system.
In this keynote audiences discover:
- How cutting edge food technologies will change the future of the Food, Beverage and Ag Industries.
- Why we need to decouple food from the twin tyrannies of arable land and available fresh water.
- Technologies countries can use to attain increased levels of food security and food sovereignty.
- How we can embrace exponential food technologies to reimagine a whole new low GHG food system.
NAVIGATING THE AI FOOD REVOLUTION
Not long ago easily usable AI seemed a distant possibility. Then, like all exponential technologies, AI exploded into view, leaving Food, Beverage and Ag companies questioning the effect it will have on them. Understanding how the interaction of AI and cutting-edge food technologies will enable organisations to deliver abundant, nutritious, and appetising food offerings is critical.
In this fascinating, research rich keynote audiences discover:
- Actual examples of Food, Beverage and Ag companies using AI to gain competitive advantage.
- The key role of AI in accelerating the food technologies of the future.
- Why the future consumer’s personal AI will define their preferences and behaviours.
- How to meet the AI driven consumer expectations of the largest generation in the history of the planet, Gen Alpha.
One thing that stood out – Tony went above and beyond to support the conference team in achieving its objectives – certainly a rarity in this industry!”
-Ira Iskandar, Partnership Manager – THAIFEX-Anuga Asia, Koelnmesse Pte Ltd
If you want your audience to be inspired about the future of food then Tony is the speaker for you. He a made a valuable contribution to our ECR Day conference and was voted by the audience as one of our top presenters. His presentation was thought provoking and entertaining as he revealed what’s possible in the future of food, and that exploring the future is about leadership, not just technologies. So, if you want to know what the future of food could be, ask Tony!
-Teresa Mischek-Moritz, ECR Austria Manager
Our audience thoroughly enjoyed Tony’s thought provoking presentation. He certainly challenged their thinking with his views on embracing new technologies and feeding the world in 2050.