Thought leader on design thinking & disruptive innovation
Jamie Pride is a keynote speaker, author and thought leader on design thinking, creativity in business, engaging digital natives and disruptive innovation. He is extremely passionate about using social technologies to increase employee and customer engagement.
Most businesses feel they need to make a choice between being creative (intuitive thinking) or analytical (critical thinking) but Jamie believes that for businesses to remain competitive, they need to be ambidextrous – exercising both their creative and analytical capabilities.
A serial entrepreneur, Jamie has founded and sold several technology startups. He was the CEO of realestate.com.au, growing that business to $3b in market capitalisation, and was also a partner at Deloitte, where he ran Deloitte Digital in Sydney.
He is the co-founder of Digital4ge, a leading Australian technology foundry, where he helps startups turn their ideas into reality.
Jamie has over 20 years experience working in global businesses, such as salesforce.com, Cisco Systems, Symantec & Red Hat.
Jamie has worked with government clients to help them navigate the digital landscape and to help build better stakeholder experiences. He also has a passion for bringing entrepreneurial techniques into the public sector.
Jamie has a Masters of Management from MGSM and completed postgraduate studies at Stanford.
He is the author of State Shifters: Helping Big Business Loosen Up & Startups Grow Up!, published in August 2014.
Jamie has been speaking and consulting professionally for over 10 years and brings a wealth of practical, hands-on experience. He is extremely passionate about helping organisations thrive in disruptive environments using creativity and design thinking techniques to drive innovation.
Jamie Pride talks about:
- Digital transformation – How do public sector businesses need to transform in order to keep pace with stakeholder demands, and what skills and approaches are most appropriate?
- Impact of future trends – What will be the impact of future digital and technology trends on the public sector, and how can you equip your teams to thrive in dynamic environments?
- e-Services & customer experience – How can you build great customer experience and engagement in an e-services environment?
- Intrapreneurialism in the public sector – In his time working with dozens of private sector startups and disruptive businesses, Jamie has put together some key lessons that public sector and not for profit businesses can learn to help them be more agile and innovative.
- Disruptive innovation – Why are established businesses being disrupted faster than ever and how can you thrive in disruptive times?
- Design thinking – How can you build more empathy with your customers and focus on experience not product?
- Future trends – What will be the core technology and business trends that will drive the competitive and consumer landscape over the next 3 years?
- Digital natives – How are demographics of the workplace changing and how do you engage and harness the talent of your digital natives?
Jamie’s work at realestate.com.au was nothing short of outstanding. He ran one of the most highly respected, profitable and internationally recognized brands in the online space. He has outstanding leadership skills, and builds amazing levels of trust and respect within his teams.
Jamie is a tenacious, extremely knowledgeable, and highly professional executive who provides extraordinary vision and direction, absent of any construct or guidance. His ability to build and develop an outstanding team, and become a trusted advisor to Global 1000 clients was remarkable. He is also someone who you can rely upon for honest, candid feedback, delivered professionally and supported by facts and experience.