International cellist, speaker & author
Renowned Australian Cellist David Loew has a career spanning 40 years across many countries with fans of his albums in many countries not least his homeland Australia. Born in Kenya he hails from a four generation family of show business stars!
Dave offers two different “models” with his presentation performances:
As a colourful and witty speaker about his numerous experiences in the music industry internationally. Sparked with several powerpoint slide themed shows as he performs and talks to the audience. These run from about 35 minutes to 90 minutes.
Dave can also enhance your special event or launch by performing top world class music taken from his 5 top selling albums which cover Classical, Opera, Movie themes and Musicals as well as Pop legends. His performance will “touch the heart and souls” of your audience and transport them to a place of tranquillity and inspiration and enjoyment. NB these performances can also be “background support” to your evening and can link to another artist.
Dave Loew, who began playing the cello at the young age of six, is a top-selling musical performance artist and internationally renowned cellist with a successful forty-year professional career and five albums to his name.
Dave, born in Kenya to parents who were show business personalities in London’s West End, spent his early career in Australian ABC orchestras, including as principal cello for the Australian Opera and Ballet in Melbourne. After moving to London in the late 1970s he played in major international orchestras such as the London Symphony Orchestra and English Chamber Orchestra and also played solo cello for numerous Hollywood motion pictures, operas, classical recordings and West End musicals as well as for countless pop icons.
He was solo cellist for the world-acclaimed production Every Good Boy Deserves Favour for Andre Previn and Tom Stoppard in London.
Dave has worked with numerous music icons including Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and Sir Cameron Mackintosh (CATS Sydney) who all praised his solo playing, composer legends Henry Mancini and Gus Dudgeon (Elton John’s musical director) as well as pop legends including Sir Elton John, David Essex, Cliff Richard, Elaine Page and Petula Clark. He has also played in recording sessions for DECCA and in concerts for many opera and classical stars including Luciano Pavarotti, Joan Sutherland and Richard Bonynge.
Dave’s passion for playing the cello across all music genres is brought to life in his albums. Released internationally through MGM Digital, his current albums cover classical music including Mozart, Haydn, Puccini; film classics themes such as Gladiator, Dances with Wolves and The Deerhunter; West End musicals including CATS and Les Miserables and popular music from Sting, The Beatles, Adele, Eric Clapton and much more! These albums are top sellers via EMI Universal on Fanfare Label (Ambition Entertainment) and the Readers Digest catalogue (Australia/Asia) also now lists current albums.
Dave also created Australia’s first privately funded professional orchestra, The National Arts Orchestra which was launched at the World Expo in Brisbane in 1988 with an acclaimed performance in the Irving Berlin 100th Birthday Concert playing to 12,000 people. It also won the EXPO award for excellence.
Now based back in Australia and in demand for performances, Dave Loew appears regularly on ABC Classic FM and National radio and performs around Australia, including in innovative ‘pop up concerts’. Dave also provides performance seminars based on his professional career and colourful encounters in the music world across four decades.
Dave Loew talks about:
· Motivation. “A true survivor from childhood bullying and the after effects into mental health issues” and being a “fighter” – his own story.
· From childhood persecution (being a cellist) to international success. His journey, the trials and tribulations, interspersed with *colourful entertaining !stories and anecdotes of working in London`s* “Golden Age of music 1970s-1990s “, major orchestras and international stars of film and music and as a celebrity classical “self made” artist and one of Australia`s biggest selling albums (over 2m sold).
· Talking about strategies to turn a depressing negative life and working existence into positiveness and a joy of living.
· A synopsis of his own personal experiences.
· A family break up, true colours over a family estate, caring for a mum up to 101, surviving prostate cancer (cured), open heart surgery in Sept 2022 which saved his life.
· Being a survivor in entertainment “one of the world`s toughest” industries.
· His published autobiography “I Am Cellist”.
· Motivational speaker to inspire post graduates on “how to go forward into the real world once leaving the protective haven of studies.”
· Since his heart surgery he is rebuilding his cello performing and in Nov 2022 is taking music into the digital age.
On behalf of Qantas Airways I would like to thank you for your personal assistance and the professional manner with which you put together the Qantas/Sheraton AFTA Convention in Hobart … It was an evening that the 800 delegates will always remember and Qantas have been receiving Australia-wide accolades for what was a magnificent performance. The music that was written for the evening and the way the artists performed was truly spectacular and without your assistance this would not have taken place.