Keynote speaker, facilitator, MC, hypotheticals, interviews & one-on-ones
Peter Switzer is one of Australia's leading business and financial commentators, launching his own business 20 years ago. The Switzer Group has since grown into three successful companies spanning media and publishing, financial services and business coaching.
Peter is an award-winning broadcaster, twice runner up for the Best Current Affairs Commentator award for radio, behind broadcaster Alan Jones. A former lecturer in economics at the University of NSW, Peter is currently:
- Weekly columnist for Yahoo!7 Finance
- A regular contributor to The Australian newspaper
- Host of Talking Business for the Qantas in-flight service, Radio Q
- Finance commentator on Vega FM
- Host of his own TV show, Switzer, on SKY News Business Channel
- Taking your performance from good to great -This is Peter's current small business speech, which is adaptable for corporate executives or sales teams. Not only does he look at what makes a great business performer, he analyses what you have to do to introduce real change into your lives. This presentation also looks at the characteristics of winning businesses and business performers, and outlines ways to understand your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in order to succeed, and what you have to do to effect maximum change.
- Economics: in your face, humorous, accurate;-Peter's economic presentation is technically challenging, but being a former teacher and lecturer he actually explains the charts! He builds humour into the presentation, which is why television programs such as the ABC's Midday Report and Today Tonight regularly use him to explain current economic conditions and decisions. Peter surveys the best economists in the country for a consensus view but sometimes backs the minority calls.
- Getting everything right to make more money -Being the proprietor of Switzer Financial Services (and a financial planner) he knows the industry and the people who need financial help. He owns an independent firm with no allegiances to any financial institution. He also writes money columns for The Australian, The Daily Telegraph and the Yahoo!7 Finance website, so he is right on the money with current topics. He has also written five best-selling money books.
- The carbon crunch - This speech is derived from Peter Switzer's book, The Carbon Crunch. With Australia and the rest of the developed world now getting on board the 'green train', Peter looks at what is emissions trading and, more importantly, how it will affect business. He not only shows the threats of the carbon crunch but also sheds light on the opportunities for lateral thinking businesses. Being forewarned is to be forearmed and one step ahead of your rivals!
- Master of ceremonies - Peter is also an accomplished master of ceremonies, drawing on his extensive business knowledge and career working with some of the funniest performers in radio and TV. He often hosts debates and interviews key experts, where he virtually does a live Talking Business interview. Recently he MC'd Austrade's launch of its Exporter of the Year awards and the Australian Institute of Export's awards night - both attracting big audiences. Peter can not only make 'em laugh but his extensive background in economics, business and money means he can make a conference more relevant to all attendees.
Peter Switzer talks about:
What fun! You are really very good at what you do. I appreciated our time together and wish you continued success in all you do. Have fun (I know you will).
Jack Welch, former CEO, GE, and ‘Manager of the Century’ (Fortune magazine)
I listened to you speak this morning and thought you were amazing. I am an accountant and in risk management and have never thought about doing a SWOT on myself – thanks for the tip!
Stockland Corporation Ltd
Thank you for your valuable contribution to this year’s forum. You will be pleased to hear that 92 per cent of delegates rated your presentation highly, commenting on its useful and topical content.
Peter has facilitated all of our CEO and CFO symposiums over the last three years and has always been a pleasure to work with. He is a true professional and takes away the stresses that are associated with hosting and organising an event.
Peter did a wonderful job on the night; keeping the program moving, working around changes to the run sheet, and ensuring each award recipient, and our sponsors, were made to feel welcome and important. The feedback received from those attending has all been extremely positive.
Australian Institute of Export
Peter, We would like to congratulate you for performing your master of ceremonies role in such a professional, entertaining and informative manner. We were impressed by your ability to tease out each winner’s story so that the audience gained maximum benefit from their collective business experiences.