Award-winning musician, actor and creativity speaker
Clare Bowditch is perhaps best known for her outstanding talents as a musician and is one of Australia's most successful ARIA Award-winning songwriters. She is also a Logie-nominated actor (Channel 10's Offspring), and the founder of Big Hearted Business, where she teaches creative people about business, and business people about creativity.
Clare's many talents also extend to public speaking, presenting keynote speeches, hosting and MCing, including the ‘Women of Letters' book launches and an inspiring TEDx talk at the Wheeler Centre in December 2012.
Clare is regularly invited to sit on both Ministerial and Award Assessment panels (Australia Council, AMP, ARIA, APRA), and was Secretary of the Music Victoria Board until 2012.
More about Clare Bowditch:
Clare has had several Top Ten albums, been named Rolling Stone Woman of the Year (Contribution to Culture), YEN Young Woman of the Year (Music), toured the world with Gotye and nationally with Leonard Cohen, written for Harpers Bazaar and the Drum, and currently hosts an Australian Music Show on Qantas.
On TV, she has been a featured guest on programs from Compass, Q&A, Artscape and Insight, to Talkin' Bout Your Generation, Rockwiz and Spicks and Specks, was a regular guest host on The Circle and has presented (and won) at the ARIA Awards. She was the first Q & A panelist ever to also perform a song, and interviewed former Prime Minister Julia Gillard for MYSPACE, three days before the crucial 2010 election.
Clare also co-wrote and starred in the smash-hit theatre-show Tales From The Life Of Eva - The Eva Cassidy Story, in 2011.
Clare narrated Music Max's ‘My First Gig, Series One and Two and hosted the nightly Evenings radio show on ABC 774 broadcast nationally in 2011. She has also hosted summer shows on Triple J and guest-edited a special edition of Australian Musician magazine.
Clare is currently an Ambassador or contributor to the following organisations: APRA, the Australia Council, The Live Music Round Table, PPCA, and Smiling Mind.
Clare Bowditch is charismatic, wise, insightful, entertaining and totally engaging - audiences find her compelling.
Clare Bowditch talks about:
Clare speaks on many and varied topics including:
• Harnessing right-brain intelligence is absolutely crucial for business-success in the 21st century: here's how you do it.
• Riding the dragon: how to take risks that transform fear into our greatest contribution.
• Everyone is a creative - unlocking and maintaining creativity in your life and business.
• Choosing happiness: research-based presentation on how to access and choose happiness, and why this benefits the world in a much greater way than we previously believed.
• Stepping up: the power of embracing feminine-styles leadership in today's business landscape.
• How do the societal, cultural and workplace expectations around ‘leadership' help or hinder women in their careers and leadership journeys? What could a different, more inclusive model of leadership look like, and how do we get there?
• Empathy; the secret weapon of world-class leaders.
• Creativity, vulnerability, and productivity.
• Clare's personal story of finding her life's path and her muse.
Clare can also lead a powerful group-singing workshop around a variety of themes including Leaders vocal workshop: how to use your voice confidently.
For appropriate events Clare is happy to sing an acoustic song.
Clare is one of those effortlessly mesmeric communicators. Her rare blend of insight and charisma means that people cannot help but be thoroughly engaged when she speaks.
She is that rare combination of creative talent, intellectual insight and evident empathy for the human condition. She is a compelling speaker on a range of topics relevant to most of us, and has both a gifted and humorous capacity to make large and small audiences feel immensely welcome and involved.
Fabian Dattner, business leader, social entrepreneur
Every time Clare Bowditch addresses an audience, a crowd or a person, she never fails to impress with her brilliance, insight, charisma, warmth and freaky ability to be in tune with people. Be it a music concert or sitting between political heavyweights on ABC's Q and A, she is perfect on a panel, on her own or interviewing anyone, from Nanas on the street to political leaders. Her extraordinary insight and natural connection with people stays with anyone lucky enough to be in her presence.