Leading high-performance expert
Andrew May is one of Australia's leading performance experts and a leading speaker and presenter on all matters performance.
He has spent more than 20 years perfecting the art and science of performance - first as an elite middle distance athlete then working with the Australian Cricket Team, Olympic athletes and national sporting teams in track and field, swimming, basketball, netball, hockey and tennis, as well as with forward-thinking businesses.
With this background, Andrew is uniquely well qualified to understand how the four elements of high performance - the way we think, work, balance stress, and eat and move - work together and directly impact our capacity to be a high performer.
Achieving in business, and in life, has much in common with preparing elite athletes for performance. Intense effort, thriving under high pressure, focused concentration, reaching targets and the ability to recover - and to switch off - are all fundamental to success.
Andrew May has firsthand experience into the demands and pressures of growing a business and keeping key personnel on target and on track. He has a down-to-earth, direct approach grounded in the sciences of positive psychology, peak performance and physiology.
Andrew's high-energy keynotes and workshops address the personal performance challenges we all face and deliver a uniform message about leadership, team work and business success.
Andrew provides your key players with the knowledge and resources to kick more goals more of the time. The way you think affects the way you feel, and the way you feel affects the way you behave. Learning to manage your thoughts has a direct impact on your mood, behaviour and energy.
Let Andrew May help your people to set their new personal best, both at work and at home.
Andrew May talks about:
- Personal Best - Using science to improve your personal performance. This workshop supports your employees to develop high-performance habits that boost their mental stamina, renew their energy, keep them fit and healthy throughout the year and increase their productivity.
- How the Best Get Better - Learn the strategies that the best of the best follow to sustain high performance all year round. Elite performers from a diverse range of fields including sport, entertainment and business are not born, they are made. Andrew May explores how the best get better using a number of strategies, structures and routines to help improve and sustain performance for the long term.
- The 8 Day Week - Are you addicted to email? Do you waste time in bad meetings? How often do you crash and burn in the afternoon? Do colleagues, phone calls and interruptions distract you? In this workshop you will learn a strategic approach to the way you work that will help you take back a day week in productive hours.
- Don't Act Your Age - Have you ever met a 70-year-old who is physically active, healthy, inspiring and invigorating? Or a 40-year-old who is the exact opposite? This keynote inspires your workforce to put their health and wellbeing first. They will learn how the way you eat and move will help you to stay young, healthy and vibrant, leading to greater levels of happiness and feelings of contentment.
- Kicking off Both Feet - Resilient people and resilient organisations adapt and thrive better than others in environments of non-stop change, have a greater sense of purpose and social conditioning and have the ability to bounce back quickly following times of stress or hardship. This keynote will teach your workforce new ways to boost energy levels and avoid 'resilience fatigue', how to bounce back from difficulties faster and to thrive under pressure.
Toyota prides itself on continued training and constant improvement. Andrew stands out with a great message and he’s been a hit with our employees and dealers across the country, supporting them with strategies to sustain performance and much needed accountability.
Andrew May has made a major difference to the performance of a number of teams and key individuals at CB Richard Ellis in Australia and throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Our business has grown dramatically in the last two years and Andrew has helped our senior leadership team gain clarity and direction about where we need to spend energy and how we can get there without burning out. We consider him a vital part of our competitive advantage in the marketplace.
CB Richard Ellis Australia
Swiss Re has implemented a number of successful Executive Performance Coaching programs with Andrew May and Tim Sharp with fantastic feedback received from employees and managers. The thorough research allowed them to tap into our culture and really make a difference. I recommend their services to other organisations aiming to reach their full potential.
The Exec Performance Coaching program has dramatically increased productivity and performance levels of Fairfax managers. We work to constant daily deadlines and this often results in high levels of stress and resulting anxiety and fatigue. Understanding how to control the way we think, the way we work and the way we look after our bodies has had an immediate impact on our organisation. I highly recommend this program!